31 Oct The Perfect Fall Breakfast for Healthy Skin
There’s nothing like waking up on a crisp autumn morning. Get ready to start the day with this perfect fall breakfast. Even better? It’s the ideal choice to improve skin health naturally so you can glow from the inside out all season long.
Need a caffeine boost in the morning? Opt for green tea! It is one of the top remedies to heal tissue, eliminate toxins, minimize scars, reduce acne, and ease inflammation in the skin. The antioxidants and tannins in green tea also make you appear more youthful because it improves the skin’s elasticity, reduces the prominence of dark circles, calms puffiness around the eyes.
Poached Egg with Roasted Autumn Vegetables
Who says you can’t have brussels sprouts for breakfast? Oven roasted vegetables are a fall staple and full of amazing vitamins to heal your skin. Sweet potatoes and rutabaga are loaded with beta-carotene, while brussels sprouts are packed with skin-boosting Vitamin-C. Paired with a poached egg, you’re also getting protein for well-rounded nutrition to keep you energized throughout the day with the best skincare in NYC.
- 1 Large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 75g Rutabaga, peeled and diced
- 1-2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 Red onion, thinly sliced
- 75g Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1-2 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large rimmed baking sheet, ad sweet potato, rutabaga, onion, and brussels sprouts. Toss in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread vegetables into an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast for about 1 hour until vegetables are tender, stirring and turning over occasionally.
- Meanwhile, poach eggs in a pan of lightly simmering water.
- Serve the poached eggs over the roasted vegetables and enjoy!
Apples with Cinnamon
If you’re looking to add something sweet on the side, apples sprinkled with cinnamon is the perfect fall treat that is just as healthy as it is delicious. Apples are a vitamin C powerhouse, which helps build collagen and create a more even complexion. Meanwhile, topping with cinnamon is a great way to skyrocket your antioxidant intake.