31 Mar Do I Need a Blepharoplasty? Signs You Need to Get an Eye Lift
Your eyes are usually the first thing a person notices when they look at your face. The eyes are the window to the soul, after all. However, as we age, it is natural that our bodies change, and a part of this change is the loss of skin elasticity. The skin around our eyes is delicate, which is why it is often the first place to show signs of aging. Unfortunately, for many, one of the first signs of aging can be seen in our eyes, as the skin on your eyelids loses its elasticity and starts to sag. Luckily, a procedure called a blepharoplasty or an eye lift is needed to rejuvenate the areas around the eyes. Knowing what to look for, the signs you need to get an eye lift can indicate that it’s time to see a facial plastic surgeon.
The 10 Signs You Need to Get an Eye Lift or Blepharoplasty
1. You are unable to see your eyelashes. They look invisible.
2. You notice that the skin on your upper eyelids is starting to sag.
3. It’s hard to keep your eyes open because your upper eyelids feel heavy.
4. You get plenty of sleep each night, yet your eyes still look puffy and tired.
5. You notice excess fine wrinkles and skin on your lower eyelid.
6. You are having difficulties blinking and closing your eyes properly.
7. You always seem to have bags under your eyes, even when you are hydrated and well-rested.
8. The whites of your iris are showing because your lower eyelids are sagging down.
9. Your upper eyelids sag so much that it’s partially blocking your vision, making it hard to see.
10. When putting on eye makeup, you need to lift up the extra eyelid skin to apply mascara or eyeliner.
If you are experiencing any of the signs listed above, contact us today to schedule a consultation.