31 Aug How to Rehab Your Skin: Post Summer Skin Care Tips
After a summer in the pool, sun, sand, and surf, your skin will need some serious TLC. Also, too often, the summer days lead us into temptation where there might have been some alcohol consumption and bad eating habits. So it’s not uncommon to deal with sun-damaged, dry skin, chapped lips, and clogged pores by the end of summer. While we still technically have until the end of September for the seasons to change, many of us consider summer to be over after Labor Day, so now is the perfect time to think about post summer skin care. After a summer of indulgences and time in the sun, rehabbing your skin should be at the top of your list.
While we may love the summertime, the sun can be detrimental to the health of your skin. At the end of summer, it’s a good idea to rehab your skin so you can have a healthy, glowing, balanced complexion come fall. Help yourself erase the signs of summer by checking out these helpful post summer skin care tips.
• You don’t need to go out and buy a hardcore detox either. Detoxing your body and skin after the summer season can go a long way in helping your skin look and feel its best. Doing it through food is best. Drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated and eating a healthy, well-balanced diet can go a long way to improve the health of your skin.
• For silky-smooth skin, use an exfoliating body scrub to help reset your skin after a long summer season. Using a gentle body scrub can help remove dead surface skin cells while adding moisture to your skin, leaving the skin feeling smooth and soft. Use a gentle facial scrub to address the face, and look for one featuring glycolic acid to address UV damage and promote cell turnover.
• After a few months of being hot and sweaty and continuously applying sunscreen all summer long, there is a good chance you might have clogged pores. This is because you’ve undergone months of accumulating oil, makeup, sweat, and dirt, and being exposed to environmental impurities can negatively affect your complexion. So make sure you purchase a good cleansing mask to help draw out impurities and minimize the pores.
• After months of being in the pool, at the beach, and in the sun, your skin is likely screaming out for some much-needed post-summer hydration. Hydrate your parched summer skin by adding a rich oil or cream into your daily routine. Look for formulas that offer powerhouse ingredients like ceramides, retinol, and hyaluronic acid to help moisture and restore your skin.
• At the end of the summer, you might start to notice that your skin tone is uneven, have dark spots, and have developed new freckles. This occurs when your skin becomes sun damaged by UV rays. To help counteract the appearance of sun damage, apply a good vitamin C face serum daily. Using a vitamin C serum will help improve the texture of your skin and skin tone, all while leaving your skin hydrated and feeling smooth.