28 Jun How to Make Your Own 4th of July Sugar Scrub
With the 4th of July around the corner, many of us are preparing for the big day. A day filled with food, family, friends, and of course, fireworks makes for a great summer kick-off. However, after a winter of hibernation (as well as a pandemic), some may be showing skin for the first time this summer. There’s no better way to achieve healthy-looking, smooth skin than enjoying a luxurious sugar scrub. Using a sugar scrub as part of your beauty routine is a great way to exfoliate and smooth the skin. In addition, sugar scrubs can help remove dead skin cells and moisture all at the same time. However, there’s no need to run out and buy a jar when making your own is simple and easy. Plus, there’s nothing better than knowing exactly what has gone into a product that you use on your body. So kick off the summer right and get your legs ready for the summer by making your very own Fourth of July sugar scrub.
Fourth of July Sugar Scrub Recipe
• 1 cup of organic sugar
• ½ cup of coconut oil
• ¼ cup of grapeseed oil
• ¼ cup of freeze-dried blueberries
• ¼ cup of freeze-dried strawberries
• Essential oil(s) or fragrance oil(s) of your choice
• Airtight glass container, with lid
• Sealable plastic bag
• Rolling pin
• 3 Mixing bowls
• Measuring cups
1. Pour the freeze-dried blueberries and strawberries into separate plastic, sealable bags. Seal shut and crush thoroughly by using a rolling pin.
2. Separate the sugar into the three mixing bowls, adding ¼ cup into 2 of the bowls and a ½ cup into one of them.
3. Pour the freeze-dried strawberries out of the bag and into one of the ¼ cup mixing bowls. Repeat the same process with the freeze-dried blueberries.
4. Add equal parts of coconut and grapeseed oil into each bowl and mix well. Add more sugar or oil if the mixture looks dry or too wet.
5. Layer the sugar scrub in a red, white, and blue pattern into an airtight glass container.
6. Keep sealed and stored in the refrigerator when not in use. Use sugar scrub within 1-2 weeks.