30 Jul Summer Skin Care Tips to Follow this Season
With the summer in full swing, many of us are heading outdoors to enjoy the warm weather, especially after spending months primarily indoors. While heading to the park or beach is an ideal summer destination, being out in the sun and heat can be harsh on your skin. If you aren’t careful and don’t take care of your skin during the summer, pimples, acne, and blemishes are more likely to occur. The harsh elements can leave your once radiant skin looking blemished, oily, and dull if you aren’t taking the proper precautions. However, following our helpful summer skin care tips below can help you take better care of your skin this season.
Summer Skin Care Tips: How to Take Care of Your Skin During the Summer
• We recommend that you exfoliate regularly to keep your skin looking bright and feeling smooth. Plus, exfoliating the skin can help reduce breakouts by unclogging pores and cleansing the skin. Think of it as a deep clean for your skin. However, if you have sensitive skin, opt for a mild exfoliator to help reduce the chances of rashes and bruises.
• You should not use the same face wash in the summer as you do in the wintertime. When the season’s change, so should your choice in products. Washing your face multiple times a day during the summer can help keep your skin clean and feeling refreshed. Just make sure you are using a face wash that helps remove excess oil from the skin.
• Keeping your skin hydrated is key during the summer, not just for your body but for your skin too. Moisture and hydration are necessary during the summer months due to the strong summer rays and intense heat. Check out these helpful hydrating skin care tips from our previous article to keep your skin moisturized in the hot summer sun.
• You are beautiful just the way you are, so lay off the makeup during the summer. When it’s hot and humid out, you shouldn’t wear anything substantial on the face. You want your skin to be able to breathe. Plus, there’s nothing worse than runny makeup, so ditch the makeup and embrace your natural beauty this summer season!
• Accumulating oil into your pores is a common problem during the summer, especially on your face. Your face has a large concentration of sebaceous glands, and the heat and humidity can increase the activity level of these glands, so your face is likely to look oily if you don’t use the right toner to help shrink the size of your pores and keep your face refreshed.
• You may be on the ball with moisturizing and toning your face, but do you pay attention to the area around your eyes? Be mindful of the delicate skin that surrounds your eyes and don’t neglect taking special care of the area. To keep the skin hydrated, use a good under eye gel that features honey, cucumber, or hyaluronic acid to help prevent the formation of wrinkles.