27 Jan Are You a Good Candidate for Blepharoplasty?
It’s common to experience changes in our facial skin as we age. Over time, elastin and collagen break down, and as a result of our skin gradually loses its elasticity. When this happens, fat can gather on the upper and lower eyelids, and it can make you look older. Also, your upper eyelids may droop, your eyebrows may sag, and you may develop puffiness under your eyes. Not only can this affect your self-esteem, but it could also interfere with your ability to see. Luckily, there is a procedure called blepharoplasty, which simply means eyelid surgery that can be performed here at the NY Facial Plastic Surgery Center.
If you want to have a younger, refreshed appearance, find out if you are a good candidate for blepharoplasty.
You Might Be a Good Candidate If:
• You feel that you look older than you are.
• You always look tired, even though you are not.
• You have puffiness of the lower eyelids and under your eyes.
• You have droopy upper lids.
• Your upper eyelid is impairing your vision.
• You are in good physical shape.
• You are psychologically stable.
• You inherited drooping eyelids.
• You have realistic expectations of the surgery. You are not expecting perfection.
• You don’t smoke cigarettes.
You Might Be a Bad Candidate If:
• You are not in good physical condition.
• You are psychologically unstable.
• You have drooping eyebrows.
• You have thyroid gland problems.
• You often suffer from dry eyes.
• You produce a lack of tears.
• You have glaucoma.
• Your retina is detached.
• You have diabetes.
• You suffer from a circulatory disorder.
• You have cardiovascular disease.
• You have high-blood pressure.
• You have unrealistic expectations of blepharoplasty.
• You are looking to improve uneven eyes or crow’s feet.
• You smoke cigarettes
• You are suffering from a severe infection or illness.
If you are in need of eyelid surgery in NYC, contact us to today to find out if you are a good candidate for blepharoplasty.